What’s a chronotype? Are you a Lion, Dolphin, Bear, or Wolf? Listen and find out why you are the way that you are with your sleep habits. When you understand this and what your own body needs to operate optimally, that empowers you to use your energy more efficiently.
Your chronotype is embedded in your DNA and so knowing your chronotype and learning to stop fighting against it can improve your life because if you stop fighting it, you’ll feel more rested.
Here’s what else you’ll learn in this episode:
• what the characteristics are for the lion, dolphin, bear and wolf chronotypes
• what it means if you think you’re not any of them
• why you should respect your chronotype in order to take charge of your overall health
• what your natural waking/sleep times mean
• which gene determines your chronotype
• what it looks like to plan your life around your chronotype
• dealing with the chronotypes of kids and spouses
• how school and work are not set up to deal with different chronotypes
• all chronotypes are created equal — nobody’s sleep schedule is superior to another.
Think about what you can do to reclaim lost energy and reclaim power over your sleep by keeping it consistent and setting boundaries as needed. And until next time, breathe, stay strong, and always celebrate victory!
Which chronotype are you?
Questions, thoughts or comments?
You can contact me about this episode in two ways. Messages might be played or read on the show but will be kept anonymous.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
Please leave a rating or review and share the podcast with a friend.
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.