Generational trauma. What is it? How does it affect health even if you haven’t experienced much trauma in your own life? I think it’s super important to bring wider awareness to this and because it can and does impact health.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
• Epigenetics: a powerful tool and healing generational trauma
• The role of environmental toxins
• How trauma of past generations is stored in your body
• The role of systemic oppression and generational trauma
• The fight, flight or freeze response and health
• I also mentioned podcast episode 26 on environmental toxins which you can find here.
I’m Kelly Wilson, owner of fitfizzstudio.com and I’m a personal trainer, nutrition coach, behavior change specialist, autoimmune disease educator and I’ve worked in the health and fitness industry for over 25 years.
I’m here to help you ditch the gimmicks, finding strength through your struggles, give you the knowledge for making the smartest choices for your own health and to remind you to celebrate victory all along the way. We are in the middle of a miniseries on all aspects of trauma. If you haven’t heard the first two, I highly recommend those and there will be two more episodes after this week.
Questions, thoughts or comments?
You can contact me about this episode in two ways. Messages might be played or read on the show but will be kept anonymous.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
Please leave a rating or review and share the podcast with a friend.
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.