Coping with Seasonal Depression And Seasonal Affective Disorder, Part 1
• What is seasonal depression or Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.)?
• About Dr. Norman Rosenthal, the scientist to give this a name
• Contributing factors
• Why only certain people get seasonal depression and which factors make it worse
• How to cope with mindset and feelings
• How to cope with supplements
• How to be supportive of friends who experience seasonal depression
• The benefits of natural light and artificial “happy lights”
Part 2 is all about the role of vitamin D. There are some surprising factors and fixing seasonal depression is NOT as simple as “just take some vitamin D”. That’s why it’s getting its own episode.
I’m Kelly Wilson, owner of fitfizzstudio.com and I’m a personal trainer, nutrition coach, behavior change specialist, autoimmune disease educator and I’ve worked in the health and fitness industry for over 25 years.
I’m here to help you ditch the gimmicks, finding strength through your struggles, give you the knowledge for making the smartest choices for your own health and to remind you to celebrate victory all along the way.
Questions, thoughts or comments?
You can contact me about this episode in two ways. Messages might be played or read on the show but will be kept anonymous.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
Please leave a rating or review and share the podcast with a friend.
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.