Some highlights in today’s show:
• Kevin’s experiences with playing football at U of I and concussions
• How his career led him into doing research on traumatic brain injuries
• The cooling helmet that he developed to assist in recovery from concussions and TBIs
• What you should and should not do if you’re with someone who has severely hit their head
• Short-term and long-term consequences and recovery from concussions and TBIs
• Long-term mental health for former athletes
Here is a video from the University of Illinois where Kevin has worked with the football team. This video explains some of his research and you can see the different versions of cooling helmets that he spoke about on the show.
I’m Kelly Wilson, owner of fitfizzstudio.com and I’m a personal trainer, nutrition coach, behavior change specialist, autoimmune disease educator and I’ve worked in the health and fitness industry for over 25 years.
I’m here to help you ditch the gimmicks, finding strength through your struggles, give you the knowledge for making the smartest choices for your own health and to remind you to celebrate victory all along the way.
Questions, thoughts or comments?
You can contact me about this episode in two ways. Messages might be played or read on the show but will be kept anonymous.