Today is the beginning of a short series on trauma. Before you click away or skip ahead, please, please hear me out on why this applies to every single one of you and why awareness of trauma is so important. If trauma doesn’t affect you directly — if you somehow managed to have such a mega-privileged life that trauma hasn’t affected you — then you need to keep listening so that you can grow your awareness for the sake of your family and friends.
I decided to do this now because we need more conversations about trauma, being trauma-informed, trauma-responses, generational trauma, the difference between mental illness and mental injury due to trauma, and how all of these things related to health. They relate to autoimmune issues. Trauma is stored in the body.
I felt that this topic is urgent right now is because of all the trauma surrounding racism, oppression, civil rights, discrimination, and I think it’s safe to say that right now a significant percentage of the US and maybe even the world has experienced trauma bubbling to the surface and spilling over as a lot of people are passionately taking action to stand up for what’s right and be part of the change to begin to heal part of trauma that has been carried on for generations.
What else you’ll learn in this episode:
• Trauma and racist murders like George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbury and many others
• Acknowledging the trauma that’s happening along with the rightful uprising of the Black Lives Matter movement
• COVID, trauma and race
• Why I need you to hear all of this no matter what your race is
• Trauma is trauma is trauma. Why we need to do better at not dismissing it
• What dismissive language about trauma sounds like
• Examples of trauma to identify in your own life
• Types of trauma (Big T trauma, Little T trauma, racial trauma, birth trauma, and ancestral/generational trauma)
• PTSD and trauma
Please subscribe and leave a review for the show! Share this with anyone you care about. This is part of doing the work to be anti-racist and healing ourselves to have healthier generations in the future.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
Please leave a rating or review and share the podcast with a friend.
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.
Set up a 1-on-1 coaching appointment to discuss any of your issues with boundaries, working out, motivation or healthier eating:
FREE 5-Day Flush the Sugar Fiesta!
Totally free and delivered to your inbox.