Are you an extrovert or an introvert? Do you feel more energized or more depleted after being around other people? There are a lot of common misconceptions about introverts that extroverts REALLY need to hear. Being an introvert has nothing to do with being “quiet” or “shy” although many people often think that’s what it means.
The more I’ve thought about it, the more it astonishes me that this kind of thing — which really comes down to emotional intelligence — is not taught in school or ever talked about in workplace wellness programs. The reason it’s so critical for extroverts to understand what I’m talking about today is that it’s going to help you understand the introverts in your life so that you can understand what they need in order to be the best version of themselves.
Highlights in this episode:
• Intrinsic energy. What is it?
• Can you identify an introvert or an extrovert?
• What introverts experience energy-wise
• Expectations in social settings
• Why having adequate time to recharge is crucial for the health of introverts
• How the world is built for extroverts and why it’s a problem to expect introverts to live up to an unreasonable standard of energy
• How businesses need to take the needs of introverts into account so they can do their best work
• How energy is like money
Start taking asking the people in your life if they’re an introvert or an extrovert. Having those conversations will surprise you and help you understand those in your life a lot better.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
Please leave a rating or review and share the podcast with a friend.
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.
Set up a 1-on-1 coaching appointment to discuss any of your issues with boundaries, working out, motivation or healthier eating:
FREE 5-Day Flush the Sugar Fiesta!
Totally free and delivered to your inbox.