Nutrition labels can cause a lot of confusion for some people so I’m going through some important points that I think everyone should take into account. This is the black and white box that’s somewhere on a food package, and separate from the ingredients list which I’ll discuss another time. What you choose to focus on when looking at the Nutrition Facts will depend on your lifestyle, needs, and goals.
• What I personally look for on Nutrition Facts
• Why I’m careful to not demonize entire groups of foods, unlike other professionals
• How to think about serving sizes shown on food packaging
• The lies that food manufacturers are legally allowed to tell
• Macronutrients and micronutrients
• Why “high protein” claims are somewhat irrelevant
• Sodium intake
• Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA) on the new and old Nutrition Facts
• Sugar precautions
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
Please leave a rating or review and share the podcast with a friend.
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.
Set up a 1-on-1 coaching appointment to discuss any of your issues with boundaries, working out, motivation or healthier eating:
FREE 5-Day Flush the Sugar Fiesta!
Totally free and delivered to your inbox.