Last week was Eating Disorders Awareness Week. In this episode, I’m giving a quick recap of my exciting experience of dancing at the Chicago Bulls game for the Chicago Luvabulls 40th Reunion, then we’re covering something more serious.
I want to give you a high-level view of eating disorders and disordered eating. Last week was National Eating Disorders Awareness Week and eating disorders still carry far too much stigma. If we can lessen the shame, we can help the healing process for those who struggle.
I think it’s important for everyone to understand:
- The difference between eating disorders and disordered eating
- Having awareness about any potentially destructive language that you might use
- How to approach someone if you have concerns over suspicious eating habits
- Why it’s important to separate body size from any potential food issues
- What disordered eating habits might look like
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.
Set up a 1-on-1 coaching appointment to discuss any of your issues with boundaries, working out, motivation or healthier eating:
Subscribe to the FitFizz Podcast on your favorite podcast app!
I’d be so grateful if you took the time to leave me a review!
FREE 5-Day Flush the Sugar Fiesta!
Totally free and delivered to your inbox.