Joining me today to discuss some very personal things in his life journey is Kristian Johnson. Kristian is quite an experienced strongman competitor! From competing at The Arnold Sports Festival to winning a Pro Card, Kristian has been through a unique journey. If you speak to most serious lifters in the sport of strongman, you’ll usually hear that people are very accepting of anyone who wants to train hard to be as strong as possible, regardless of gender or preferences, but Kristian had an extra layer to work through that most people never have to think about.
Please listen to hear the full story on what his journey has been like and how he’s demonstrated strength in various ways, even outside of competing.
Highlights in this episode:
• What it was like to have Arnold Schwarzenegger interrupt a very important competition in 2016
• What it was like to compete at “Strongest Woman in the World”, while secretly coming to terms with a future life change of being a transgender man
• The mental journey of holding off on transitioning in order to compete in the fairest way possible at the Pro level at the Arnold Sports Festival one last time
• The article for EliteFTS where Kristian first came out as trans.
• Obstacles in making the transition official
• The mental shifts that accompanied his journey
• What it’s like to now compete in strongman as a man
• Freedom Through Fortitude LLC
• And lots more!
You can follow Kristian on Instagram and Twitter: @thekristianj
Questions, thoughts or comments?
You can contact me about this episode in two ways. Messages might be played or read on the show but will be kept anonymous.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
Please leave a rating or review and share the podcast with a friend.
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.