The topic of aging is something that I have some strong opinions about and they’re a little bit different than the things I see on social media all of the time. It is my hope that I can open your eyes to see aging for what it truly is and how aging is unfairly blamed for times when our health takes a slow stroll into weight gain or a nosedive into disease.
Metabolism, weight gain, achy joints are not about aging. At all. I had so much to share with you that I’m once again breaking this into two episodes. next week will be more science-based while today is mostly about mindset around aging.
Also in today’s episode:
• why your language and things you say about “getting old” matter
• how I’ve been raised to have a good mindset around aging
• an Instagram post where this episode originated
• why I think that wanting to fit into your high school jeans is silly
• the superpowers you gain throughout life
• why you shouldn’t blame “getting old” if you are more tired than you used to be
• why wanting to go to bed early has nothing to do with “getting old”
• the toxic burden that our bodies accumulate over time
• what are telomeres?
Questions, thoughts or comments?
You can contact me about this episode in two ways. Messages might be played or read on the show but will be kept anonymous.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
Please leave a rating or review and share the podcast with a friend.
The information shared is for educational and informational purposes only. It should not be interpreted as an intent to diagnose, treat, cure, heal or prescribe.